Friday, September 27, 2013

Devotional and Straw Maze








One of the things we love about Brian's job is we get to go to devotional together on Tuesdays!  This week Elder Christopherson spoke. It was so cool to hear from an apostle.  Brayden was good during devotional, he smiled at the college girls behind us in the beginning, then during the opening song he fell asleep, and during the closing song he woke up.  Nice.
Later that same day we had Steven and Shannon over for dinner, and then we went to the straw maze out in Ririe.  It was a fun straw maze, but really quite difficult.  We got really lost, and came out the entrance a few times.  Brian left little clues for us after awhile so we would realize if we were going in circles.  After awhile a few cub scouts showed us the way to go.  We had to go through a tunnel.  Yikes.  I hated that part, good thing I have the "Brightest Flashlight" app on my phone.  We followed the cub scout for awhile because he said he knew this maze "like the back of his hand."  I believed him, until we got lost again.  Eventually we ran into a very concerned looking scout leader looking for his scouts.  I don't think I would ever take a group of kids to a straw maze, I would probably lose them all.
We eventually got out, and it was really fun, I'm glad we went.  Brayden was so good the whole time, Brian carried him in the baby bjorn, and he didn't make a peep the whole maze..... until the drive home.  He cried the entire way!  What a trooper.

No comments: