Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all

I stole that little saying from my friend's bulletin board at school. Tomorrow is the first day of Fall! So long summer.
Here is what we have been up to. A few weeks ago my parents came to visit. We went to Tuacahn to see the Little Mermaid. It was so cool and very well done. But way hot! Even at 11:00 at night I was still sweating.



We walked around campus to show my parents. My dad always wanted to go to the bookstore and every time they would come down it would be closed. But after about a year of trying to get in my dad finally got to go. He bought a magnet for the fridge, what a good souvenir.
We drove up to Kolob canyon. It is really pretty!
We tried to have a picnic, but there were too many bees. Brian was blessing our food and during the prayer my parents got up and ran because there were too many bees. I stayed put, knowing that Brian will always guard and protect my heart... and I didn't get stung!

This is Brian's new office in the science building. His office is huge and they gave it to him because it is so cold all the time. He sits under the vent that cools the entire floor. Lucky him.

We had fun decorating his office.
For Labor Day we went up to visit Brian's family. We went golfing with Ma and Pa at Lava. It was fun. Mom found a golf ball so it was a successful trip.

My class went on a fieldtrip to Zions National Park. The kids were more interested in the squirrels than anything else. It truly is a beautiful place! I'm proud to say that my Great Grandpa helped build the famous tunnels.



We love going to SUU football games. Since we can't really cheer for the cougars right now we love cheering for the thunderbirds! One of their best players went to my high school, of course not while I was there, but still I am proud of a fellow Miner. Our seats are a lot better than when Brian was a student, we have backs on our seats now and we don't sit with the opposing team's fans. It's a step up.

We had a little bbq before the game, it was our own little tailgate party complete with costco burgers and sweet potato fries...mmmm.


1 comment:

Wohlford Family said...

I'm so glad Brian was able to guard and protect your heart. If a bee even tried to sting you I'm sure he would have slapped it away and said, "That was for America! That was for my wife!" It looks like you two are having so much fun! We need to plan something for us to all get together. It's been too long! Love you both!