Wednesday, November 24, 2010

cake pops




Have you heard of cake pops? I hadn't, until we moved to Cedar City. Apparently they are all the rage here, a mom in my class and a PTA lady made them so far this year. So I decided to take a stab at it, I will be honest, I don't know how many more stabs there will be. But it's fun to find new projects to make.

If you are interested in doing this check out this recipe, How to Make Cake Pops

5 comments:

Bekah said...

MMMM cake balls! But before you give up you should try my personal favorite cupcake bites!
Just like the cake ball but in my opinion EASIER! check out the pioneer woman's post about them if you would like to give them a try
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/quick-and-easy-cupcake-bites/
*I prefer a yellow cake mix instead of the usual red velvelt it just seems to balance better with the chocolate

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Oh man. Great, all I need is one more reason why I can't stop eating this holiday season! haha Such a cute idea though! And as always, your presentation is perfect!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

So you are amazing that's all I have to say. I need some of your talent!!!

Lauren Winder Farnsworth said...

Okay, I am totally RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of making these things! Holy MOLY, what a process! I'm thinking this may be my last attempt as well, regardless of how yummy they taste (and they DO taste yummy, if I say so myself). :) Mine are nowhere near as adorable as yours, though. You are so crafty and creative, it's not fair. I'd resent your artsy fingers if I didn't love them so much. :) Hope you're doing great, miss you!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

La Befana?! That is so funny! I bet your kids LOVED learning about that, I know I did. It's a tradition I think is totally crazy. The best part of it all is that she's not some jolly old man with rosy cheeks and a jelly belly, but a witch!! What?! I bet our traditions may seem a little off with them too but it's always so funny to run into something that is completely off the map of the things we're accustomed to. What a great teacher you are!

By the way, I just had a crazy idea. I have become friends with a woman here in our town that speaks English to Elementary School kids (I'm not sure on the grade/s). If you wanted, I could see if she'd be interested in setting up a pen pal-ish/correspondance with your class. It'd give her students a chance to use English and maybe you could share a little bit more about cultures. I'll have to check to see how advanced the students are with English first but maybe that'd work! You can email me at ktavernari@yahoo.com if you're interested!