Tuesday, June 29, 2010

our summer so far...

We are having a blast here in Las Vegas, working like crazy, but enjoying the heat and the swimming, and all the fun touristy things to do.

This is a Statue of Liberty made out of jelly bellies. This was in the New York New York casino, we love to go here to get pizza.



The bodies exhibit was amazing! I thought I would get a little queasy since I usually do around blood, anyone who knows me very well knows that. But the exhibit wasn't bloody at all, it was just really really cool. We learned a lot about the body!



We went to the Titanic Exhibit. It was awesome, they have a large iceberg in the exhibit, and they recreated a lot the ship.



Brian's birthday was last week! Brian wanted a bug theme cake for his birthday, since he is doing pest control. The truck is supposed to be one of their company trucks. We took the cake to one of the sales meeting and had a little party with the other sales guys. The cockroaches and spiders look nasty but taste great!






We got a great deal on "Lion King" tickets. It was amazing! I loved the giraffes, they were awesome, and there are extra songs that aren't in the cartoon. I highly recommend seeing this if you get the chance. We looked for Ali from the bachelorette, but she wasn't in it, darn.





Our boss asked me to make a birthday cake for his wife. He wasn't picky at all, I got to do whatever I wanted, this was so fun to make this cake. It's my favorite one I've made so far!



4 comments:

Teandra said...

You're amazing at making cakes! They look great.

derekandkelsey said...

Your cakes are soo cute!! Love em!!

Mikelle and Ben said...

Ha ha! We went to that Bodies Exhibit almost four years ago! It was amazing. We really enjoyed it. Nice cakes!!!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

It looks like you guys are having fun down there! I'm jealous :) I LOVE the cakes. I wish we could come down at some point and have dinner or something! With this blown Achilles tendon, life is kind of in the slow lane right now :)